Happy Easter! Easter is one of my favorite holidays but unfortunately this year I’m not able to go home for Easter because of work 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁
As you can tell I’m super sad, so I’m overcompensating by baking a lot! My family usually has the same desserts for each holiday. They are fantastic, but since this year is different anyways, I’m trying new desserts!
What I like about this recipe is that it’s soooo simple. If you want to impress your guests but didn’t have time to go shopping, odds are you already have most of these ingredients! And since it’s Easter you’ll probably have some jelly beans lying around, or at least be able to smuggle a few out of your kids Easter Baskets 😉
I used large fruit flavored jelly beans for this recipe. I picked out all of the black licorice flavored ones but if you are a fan, by all means leave those in! Any jelly bean will work, just make sure to avoid certain flavors (like buttered popcorn) that might not do as well in a baked dessert. Don’t want so much? This recipe can easily be made into a half batch to make thinner bars or less bars all together, it’s totally customizable!
Well readers, hope you have a happy easter, full of candy, good food and great company. From Brooklyn, have a happy holiday!
- 4 Sticks Melted Butter (2 Cups Cold Butter)
- 3 Cups of Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups Flour
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Corn Starch
- 1½ Cups Jelly Beans
- Frosting (optional)
- 1 Stick of Butter, Softened
- 3 Cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 Tsp Raspberry Extract
- 3-6 Tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 11X17 baking dish.
- Melt butter and let cool slightly. Stir in sugar until fully blended, then whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt and corn starch until mixed through. Fold in jelly beans.
- Spread batter evenly into baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until edges are set and golden, but center is still soft.
- Let cool on wire rack, then enjoy!
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add raspberry extract and milk. Cream together until fully blended and fluffy. Spread onto cookie bars, then enjoy!